Workshop on Administrative Research
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 09 - 13 May, 2016
- Specifically, the workshop will enable participants to:
- Highlight basic functions of management.
- Identify the role of research in administrative functions.
- Identify and analyse all sources of research to aid administrative duties; and
- List research steps in drafting, minuting, memo and official letter writing.
Topics to be covered include the following
- Basic functions of management;
- Overview of administrative research
- Public service rules, government circulars etc.
- Financial regulations
- Research steps in drafting, minuting, memo and official letter writing
- Environmental scanning internal and external for research data/information
- Ethics, integrity and code of conduct for public officers
- Issue in appointment, dismissal and termination.
The workshop is designed for officers on GL 08 – 14 in Public Sector and their counterparts in the Private Sector of the economy.
Venue: ASCON Topo, Badagry, Lagos.