The availability of managers with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience at all levels is essential for keeping organizations competitive. In order to ensure readily available competent personnel, organizations should embark on deliberate training, development, planning and mentoring to create a cadre of managers who possess the necessary competence for higher responsibilities.
Therefore, succession planning and mentoring programmes are key elements in developing managers.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Highlight the various approaches used in the training and development of managers
- State the importance of succession planning and mentoring development programmes
- Develop strategies to avoid vacuums in their organizations
- Apply succession planning and mentoring skills in work situations.
- An Overview of Succession Planning and Mentoring Management
- Leadership Role in Succession Planning
- Succession Planning and Mentoring Process
- Staff Training and Development
- Human Resource Planning and Development
- Career Planning and Development
- Succession Planning and Mentoring as a Leadership Development Tool
- Developing Managerial Skills
- Personal Values, Attitudes and Ethical Choices
- Roles of Subordinates in Succession Planning
- Challenges of Succession Planning
- Case Study and Experience Sharing
Lectures, discussions, exercises and case studies. Audio–visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Permanent Secretaries, Directors, Deputy Directors, General Managers, and Top and Senior Executives. Officers who either have the potential to lead their organizations in the future or are already in such a role and wish to acquire further competence in leadership skills will also benefit from the programme.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator