It is expected that at the end of the programme, participants would:
- Initiate research efforts
- Manage research activities
- Conduct enquiries involving statistical analysis
- Implement and monitor relevant planning research and statistics activities in teaching general hospitals and federal medical centers
- Provide working knowledge of hospital statistical techniques for data collection and decision making.
The following amongst others constitute the workshop contents. These are:
- Research proposal preparation
- Design of data collection instruments
- Methods of data collection
- Data analysis and presentation
- Report writing and presentation skill
- Challenges and prospects in hospital research.
The workshop is designed for all members of staff of the Research Committee of Teaching, General Hospitals and Federal Medical Centers in 36 States of the Federation including the Federal Capital and their private counterparts as well as other Health Service Providers.