National Forum on Data Corruption, Prevention and Management for National Development
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Oct 10 - 12 Oct, 2016
At the end of the Forum, participants will be able to:
- Understand what constitute open data
- Understand and internalize the salient attributes and instruments for data design, administration and analysis
- Manage the transition from static to live data to forestall corruption
- Identify the intricate linkage between ‘accurate data’ and good governance
- Acquire skills in data packaging and the dissemination of research findings to prevent unauthorized access
- Underscore the need for sublime data for the achievement of the transformation agenda of the present administration through appropriate management skills and techniques.
- Types and sources of data
- Instruments for data gathering
- Sectoral data presentation/analysis
- Development and management of database
- Data and decision making for national development
- Challenges of data management in Nigeria.
This forum is open to all officers in the department of planning, research and statistics (PRS) in both the public and private sectors of the economy and all others who have responsibility for data management and the dissemination of research findings.
Venue: ASCON Topo, Badagry, Lagos.