Managers have the responsibility to write reports and speeches in the course of their assignments. They also write speeches on major events involving their organizations, including product launch, anniversaries, awards, reception of dignitaries, press conferences, etc. Report and speech writing require specialized communication skills and techniques.
This training workshop holding in Gombe State is designed to equip participants with the requisite skills and techniques for lucid and articulate reports and speeches.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop techniques and skills for good report/speech writing
- Generate relevant data for report writing
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Develop appropriate format and outline to write reports
- Present reports to management.
- Overview of report and speech writing
- Elements and types of speeches
- Planning and writing reports
- Planning and writing speeches
- Data collection for report and speech writing
- Writing clearly and logically
- Citation and references
- Effective communication skills
- Report presentation skills
- Exercises: designing report template
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, exercises and case studies. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Project and administrative officers, personal secretaries and assistants, consultants, managers, trainers and senior officers whose jobs involve writing or presenting reports.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Nuhu Muhammad