The challenges of managing health care services have become a herculean task in recent times. The management of health care institutions, sourcing and utilization of health care resources, efficient dispensation of drugs and other medical resources and building of medical teams are basic functions of medical practitioners, administrators and other officers involved in health care delivery.
This training workshop holding in Akwa-Ibom State is designed to enable health professionals and administrators to become better managers of health care systems and institutions, relate better with team members, make quality decisions and use resources more efficiently.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify management problems in their organizations
- Develop effective work teams and inter-personal skills
- Plan and utilize health care resources efficiently
- Make quality health care decisions
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and relevant publics
- Use varieties of management techniques to solve problems in health care situations.
- Management concepts and processes
- Effective communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Managing the human resource for sustained results
- Leadership roles and functions
- Team work for effective health care delivery
- Problem solving and decision making
- Implementing work-life balance in the workplace
- Change management in the healthcare delivery system
- The Role of ICT in health care management
- Budgeting and budgetary control in health care delivery
- Risk and safety management
- Management of NHIS
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, case studies, exercises and other relevant learning methods. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Medical doctors, pharmacists, nurses, mid-wives, managers/administrators of health services, other medical professionals, and health care providers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: E.O. Okunlola