Information is a very important resource in the modern economic system. Records form a strategic component of information management and have to be effectively handled for goal achievement.
This training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge required to enhance information management in their organizations, and developing appropriate systems for record management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Compile and maintain a safe record system
- Identify various forms of records and their relevance to organizational development
- Sort, keep and maintain records more effectively
- Develop appropriate techniques for managing information
- Use appropriate computer software for record management.
- Overview of records management
- Records keeping functions in organizations
- Office management and control
- Indexation and filing systems
- Personnel records
- Financial records
- Disposal of records
- Handling confidential records
- Records safety
- Computer application in records management
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will also be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers, accountants, supervisors, secretaries, trainers and all other officers involved in record keeping in organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Baita Gambo