It is the responsibility of Protocol/ Liaison Officers to project the image of their organizations represent their interests and act as strategic link between their organizations and other stakeholders.
This training workshop is designed to enhance participants’ knowledge in world best practices and professionalism required in protocol and liaison functions.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key functions of protocol/liaison officers
- Build the image of the organization
- Plan and manage events;
- Choose the right media for effective press coverage;
- Imbibe the right business and social etiquette for dealing with clients
- Write quality reports.
- Management functions: an overview
- Fundamentals of protocol
- Protocol and image management
- Liaison function and services
- Media relationship management
- Managing the boss
- Events management
- Etiquette, personal grooming and comportment
- Time management
- Security management in protocol/liaison function
- Role of ICT in protocol management
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Protocol/liaison executives, personal assistants, public relations officers, representatives of non-governmental offices (local and foreign), embassy staff and state liaison officers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: A. U. Adukwu