Many organizations are characterized by strained relationships and conflicts. In such organizations, people tend to work at cross-purposes. Organizations perform better when there is effective communication, interpersonal relations and harmony. Communication and interpersonal relations are potent tools for forging shared values, commitment and harmony in the organization.
This training workshop holding in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State is designed to sharpen the skills of participants in communication and inter-personal relations for improved work climate and performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that affect relations in the work place
- Minimize incidences of communication breakdown and conflict at the work place
- Relate effectively with superiors, peers and subordinates
- Improve relationships in their work teams
- Enhance proficiency in report writing.
- An overview of communication and interpersonal relations
- Management concepts and processes
- Communication function in organizations
- Interpersonal relations function
- Work ethics and values
- Organizing meetings and conferences
- Effective team building
- Handling organizational conflicts
- Personal effectiveness
- Managing the boss
- Human relations at work
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers, officers, secretaries and personal assistants in public and private sector organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: H. P. Marok