Secretaries have a responsibility to handle documents, manage information and relation-ships and perform a great deal of administrative tasks. Indeed, effective performance of top executives and achievement of organizational goals depend, to a great extent, on the organizing capability of Secretaries and Personal Assistants. Secretaries cannot live up to their expectation without core competence and use of appropriate techniques.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with the relevant management techniques and skills that will enable them to operate as effective and efficient Secretaries and Personal Assistants.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of secretaries/ personal assistants
- Use management techniques that are relevant to their jobs
- Organize their activities and handle materials more effectively
- Give optimum support to their bosses and relate positively with other colleagues and the general public
- Use the computer as an effective management aid.
- Concepts and processes of management
- The role of secretaries/personal assistants (class discussion)
- Personal qualities and professional traits of effective secretaries/personal assistants
- Planning and organizing work
- Effective records management
- Effective communication in the office
- Office layout and space management
- Time management
- Human relations at work
- Reports and minutes writing
- Computer application (using MS-Outlook)
- Managing the boss.
Methodology: Lectures, discussions and case studies. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Confidential secretaries and personal assistants attached to chief executives and heads of department. Other senior secretarial staff will also find the programme rewarding.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. F. O. Gomenti