Micro-credit operators provide lending services to enable people to establish and expand micro-enterprises. These services are vital for the development of micro-enterprises and SMEs, for job creation and for combating poverty. Micro-enterprises hardly have access to the micro-credit and technical assistance they need to exploit their potentials.
This training workshop is designed to sensitize micro-credit providers, enterprises owners and other stakeholders on sustainable micro-credit financing and management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop a sustainable credit initiative
- Evaluate micro-credit projects
- Identify sources of funds for micro-credit financing
- Develop skills for credit delivery/ recovery management.
- An overview of micro-credit schemes in Nigeria
- Monitoring and evaluation of MSMES
- Micro enterprise creation and social responsibilities
- Sources of fund
- Micro credit models
- Capacity building for micro/small enterprise initiation and management
- How to manage credit delivery/recovery
- Credit collection management
- Collateral issues and revolving loans methodology
- Experience sharing
Methodology: Lectures, brainstorming, simulations, discussions, case studies and assignments. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers designing, implementing and evaluating micro-credit projects; Policy makers; NGOs; Donor agencies; Industrial Extension Officers; and Officers responsible for small and medium enterprises development in both federal and state ministries of industry.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Mrs. Aisha Bello Aliu