Investment management is one of the strategic functions of managers. Businesses in Nigeria are operating in an unstable environment. There is need, therefore, for enterprise owners to safeguard the management of their businesses against risks.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills for handling business risks.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Examine the concepts of business risks
- Discuss Nigeria business environment
- Analyse types of business risks
- Measure business risks
- Make risk handling decisions.
- Investment management risks, an overview
- Project planning and implementation
- Data gathering for risk management
- Financial planning
- Types of investment/business risks
- Investment/business risks handling decisions
- Measurement of investment/business risks
- Contingency planning
- Business plan/feasibility study
- Using log-frame for project planning
- Effective communication process
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Project analysts, loan and advances officers, investment analysts, industrial extension officers from federal and state ministries of agriculture, commerce and industries, NGOs and trainers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Mrs. O. M. Uzoechi