Cooperative societies have become one of the potent strategies for social mobilization for economic emancipation and poverty alleviation. To successfully manage cooperative and agro-allied ventures, their management committees and staff must be adequately equipped with requisite skills and knowledge of cooperative management.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with the capabilities to manage Co-operatives and Agro-Allied Ventures.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify modern strategies for the management of coperative organizations on a sustainable basis
- Develop and maintain good working relationships
- Maintain standard credit management practices in cooperative societies/union
- Design and implement effective marketing plans for their union/societies’ product
- Identify causes of cooperative failure and how to avoid them.
- Cooperatives and agro-allied venture: an overview
- Investment techniques and strategies for efficient credit management in cooperatives and agro-allied venture
- Conflict management, prevention and control in cooperative organisation
- Fraud prevention, detection and control in cooperative organisation
- Sources of finance
- Cooperative organizations
- Accounting models for cooperative organization
- Financial management
- Venture idea generation and selection
- Organizing and managing your own business
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies, and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Presidents and executives of cooperative organisations, general managers, managers, assistant cooperative managers, accountants in cooperative organizations, cooperative officers, extension workers and trainers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Bamidele Ojelere