Projects are very important in the development process of any economy. Projects can be executed both in the private and public sector. It is even more challenging when such projects are executed at the community level. In order to achieve successful community-based projects, there is need for effective monitoring and evaluation.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with the relevant skills and core competencies in addressing issues on monitoring and evaluation.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand community-based development projects
- Discuss the concepts of project monitoring and evaluation
- Discuss monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques
- Write monitoring and evaluation reports
- Use monitoring and evaluation tools for community-based development projects.
- Monitoring and evaluation of community-based development projects: an overview
- The role of community-based project in the development process
- Project stakeholders analysis and functions
- Application of log-frame for monitoring community-based projects
- Approaches to monitoring and evaluation of community-based projects
- Handling implementation fallout and conflict resolution
- Sustainability management of community-based projects
- Environmental and social impact assessment of community-based projects
- Designing effective monitoring and evaluation tools, techniques and strategies
- Participatory approach to monitoring of community-based projects
- Project monitoring and evaluation report writing
- Case study
Methodology: Lectures, discussions and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Project managers at federal, state, local government levels as well as community-based organizations. It is also designed for project planning officers in both public and organized private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: M. T. Ojo