The events industry, including festivals, meetings, conferences, workshops, exhibitions, sports and a range of other events, is rapidly developing and makes a significant contribution to business and leisure. Events management is a rapidly growing field within the service sector, not only for its recreational qualities but also for its power of communication. The great strength of this business sector is that a well-organized event is capable of satisfying guests and participants on multiple levels.
This training workshop holding in Abuja is designed for those who have a role in, or the opportunity to play a part in organizing events. It will provide an initial, all-round grounding in managing a successful event.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Design and execute events
- Identify and manage event logistics, facilities and resources
- Develop a clear understanding of the role and importance of events in the overall communication mix
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing events and their impact.
- An overview of event management
- Conceptualizing and designing events for execution
- Staging events: hospitality, catering, recreation, etc.
- Event logistics
- Managing human resource and teamwork
- Event venue, equipment, facilities and other resources
- Integrated marketing communication for events
- Monitoring and evaluating events
- Event financing and sponsorship
- Legal requirement and liabilities
- Planning and managing security challenges in public events.
Methodology: Lectures, simulation and discussions. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Public relation officers, event organizers and managers, protocol officers, management trainers and consultants.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator