The issue of governance is fundamental to the effective functioning of NGOs. It is fundamental because the management of NGOs should be done in a manner that is transparent, account-able, equitable and responsive to the needs of the people.
The training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and knowledge required to provide good governance and effective management for NGOs.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss governance and management issues in NGOs
- Explain leadership roles and functions
- Explain networking and advocacy functions in NGOs
- Monitor and evaluate NGOs projects
- Raise funds for NGOs.
- An overview of governance and management issues in NGOs
- Analysing NGOs roles: implementers, catalysts, and partners
- Advocacy and service delivery
- NGOs and relationship management
- Programme development and management
- Leadership styles and skills
- Fund raising strategies
- Monitoring and evaluation of NGOs projects.
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers and officers of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and officers concerned with economic and development issues in all tiers of government.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Miss S. O. Musa