Women in Management Intensive
By: HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute
Aug 01 - 21 Oct, 2016
3 months, 21 days
Programme Contents, Concepts and Issues
Women in the Workplace (Double Credit)
Gender disparity in organisations
- Factors affecting women in the workplace
- Occupational segregation and gender discrimination
- Horizontal segregation vs. Vertical segregation
- Barriers to top level position
- Benefits of women’s board membership
Rationale for employment segregation
- Personal preference
- The discriminatory structure of the labor market
- The human capital explanation.
Should occupational segregation by sex be completely eliminated?
- Stereotypes: How Are They Imposed?
- Stereotypes: How Are They Reinforced?
- Pygmalion, Galatea and Golem Effects
- Unequal Job Opportunities
Employment discrimination law
- Equal pay act
- Sexual discrimination act
- Sexual harassment law
- Gender equality duty.
N: B Contact us for the course brochure.
Venue: Durban, South Africa
Advanced Software Engineering
Dec 05 - 30 Dec, 2016
HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute
By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, delegates will be