Warehousing, International Logistics, Inventory and Supply Chain Management Course
By: HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute
Jul 11 - 29 Jul, 2016
By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, delegates will be able to:
- Effectually manage the operations and functions of warehousing
- Classify distinctions between warehousing processes
- Recognise the emphasis of distribution centres on processing and moving goods on to wholesalers, retailers, or consumers rather than on storage
- Evaluate warehousing and distribution strategies from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Utilise the role that contracts have in warehousing services and the process involved in attaining a contract to protect both the user and provider
- Identify the importance of and functions related to warehouse management in controlling the movement and storage of materials within a warehouse and in processing the associated transactions
- Optimize warehouse operations and warehouse space availability as impacted by equipment layout and product flow
- Facilitate the role of packaging in protecting product to ensure that it gets to the customer in the operating condition expected
- Highlight the effect of good communication in the interface between the warehouse, the carrier and the driver as key to success in terms of contribution to efficacy, efficiency and cost reduction
- Consider and analyse many parameters to optimize warehouse location or placement as both strategic and operational decision that directly influence customer servicing aspects, cost, and price factors
- Recognise that safety of personnel and security of product are the basic building blocks for warehouse operations that can neither be neglected without detriment to operational efficiency and the bottom line.
- Realise better efficiency and reduction in cost by leveraging the data accuracy and computing power inherent in today’s integrated information systems.
- Label or categorise a warehouse as “specialized” by the function a warehouse serves and by the unique nature of the materials and goods handled and stored.
- Facilitate the speed and overall ease of product flow throughout the logistical system.
- Design an inventory management system which is able to meet the dictates of market place and support the company’s strategic plan.
Venue: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Advanced Software Engineering
Dec 05 - 30 Dec, 2016
HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute
By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, delegates will be