Microfinance operations cannot be successful without effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of credit delivery and recovery functions. Experience has shown that there is significant correlation between good monitoring and evaluation activities and decreasing portfolio at risk (PAR).
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with core M&E skills required to manage microfinance schemes for achieving better results.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Examine basic concepts of M and E
- Discuss the purpose of M and E in microfinance schemes
- List data gathering methods for effective M and E activities
- Explain monitoring and evaluation of credit delivery
- Discuss M&E of credit recovery
- Write M and E reports.
- Overview of microfinance schemes in Nigeria
- Basic concepts of M and E
- Data gathering method in microfinance operations
- Monitoring credit delivery and recovery in microfinance schemes
- Data analysis and reporting
- Effective Use of M and E Report in microfinance scheme
- Financial performance and risk analysis
- Monitoring and evaluating social performance impacts of microfinance schemes
- Microfinance products and services evaluation
- Monitoring and evaluation of micro projects
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers in charge of microfinance in commercial banks, specialized banks, microfinance banks, microfinance institutions, non-governmental organizations as well as ministries, departments and agencies of federal, state, and local governments.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Wale Olanrewaju