This is a 10 day course. At the end of the course, you will receive a Diploma-Postgraduate in Advanced Business Communication (Double Credit).
- Courses are delivered in over 30 Cities including Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Milan, Caracas, Manila, Manama, Amsterdam, Jakarta;
- The UK Deliveries are usually in Central London and occasionally in Manchester, Birmingham and Wolverhampton;
Course Contents, Concepts and Issues
Written Communication: An Overview
Part 1 - Business Communication: An Introduction
- Principles of Business Writing;
- 4 Stages of Writing;
- Using Mind Maps and Writing Plan;
- Business Correspondence;
- Common Mistakes in Business Letter Writing.
Part 2 - Presentation of Business Documents
- Parts of a Business Letter;
- Business Letter Formats;
- Styles in Business Correspondence;
- Open Punctuation;
- Fax Messages.
Part 3 - Structuring Your Communications - 4-Point Plan
- 4-Point Plan for Communication Structuring
- Introduction, Jumping-Off Point;
- Details, Including Facts, Figures, Evidence;
- Conclusion, Incorporating Response, Suggestions, Expectations, Recommendations or Action;
- Closure, Ending.
Part 4 - Language and Tone: Writing to Clients or Customers
- The Weakest Link in Your Business Writing;
- Ten Steps to Good Business Writing.
- Neutral or Positive Messages;
- Negative Messages;
- Persuasive Messages.
- The Explosive Growth of E-Mail;
- Seven Deadly Sins of Working with E-Mail;
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of E-Mail;
- The Weakest Link in Your E-Mails;
- How Can You Make E-Mail Work For You?;
- Customer Care and E-Mail;
- Creating Electronic Rapport;
- E-Mail @ Work;
Drafting Common Business Documents
Part 6 - Inquiries and Replies
- Making Requests for Catalogues and Price Lists
- Responding to Requests for Catalogues and Price Lists;
- Making General Enquiries;
- Responding to General Enquiries;
- Making Requests for Goods on Approval;
- Responding to Requests for Goods on Approval’
- Making Requests for Concessions.
- Addressing Requests for Concessions.
Part 7 - Quotations, Estimates and Tenders
- Common Terminology used in Quotations;
- Terminological Conventions in Estimates;
- Terminologies common to Tenders;
- Formulating General Quotations;
- Making Quotations Subject to Conditions of Acceptance;
- Constructing Tabulated Quotations;
- Providing Estimates with Specifications;
- Responding to Tenders;
- Addressing Quotations that have not been Accepted or that have been Amended;
- Writing Follow-Up Letters.
Part 8 - Orders and Their Fulfilment
- Placing Orders;
- Routine Orders;
- Acknowledging Orders;
- Declining to fulfil Orders;
- Dealing Counter-Offers from Suppliers;
- Creating Packing Lists;
- Generating Dispatch Notes;
- Generating a Goods-in-Received Note (GRIN).
Part 9 – Creating Invoices, and Making Account Settlement and Payment Requests
- Creating Invoices;
- Creating Pro Forma Invoices;
- Credit Note Formats;
- Generating a Credit Note;
- Issuing Statements of Account;
- Generating Payment Terms;
- Varying the Terms of Payment;
- Establishing Methods of Payment.
- Tone and Interpretation of ;
- Writing Late Payment Letters;
- Formulating ‘Collection Letters’.
Part 10 - Credit and Status Inquiries
- Reasons for Credit;
- Disadvantages of Credit;
- Requests for Credit;
- Business References;
- Status Enquiries;
- Replies to Status Enquiries.
Part 11 - General Business Transaction
- Request for Quotation;
- Supplier's Quotation;
- Request for Permission to Quote Company as A Reference;
- Permission Granted;
- Supplier's Acknowledgement;
- Advice Note;
- Consignment Note;
- Delivery Note Invoice Debit and Credit Notes;
- Statement of Account;
Dealing with Other Important Business Documents
Part 12 - Reports and Proposals
- The Plain English Guide to Writing Reports:
- Defining the Purpose;
- Investigating the Topic;
- Organising the Report into Sections;
- Order of Presentation;
- Order of Writing;
- Numbering Sections and Paragraphs;
- Planning the Writing- Revision.
Part 13 - Notices, Advertisements and Information Sheets
- Leaflets and Information Sheets;
- Design Skills.
- Circulars Announcing Changes in Business Organization;
- Circulars Announcing Changes in Business Partnerships;
- Letters Announcing Change of Representatives;
- Internal Circulars to Staff;
- Circulars with Reply Forms.
Part 15 - Sales Letters, Voluntary Offers and other Publicity Materials
- The Weakest Link in Your Sales Letters;
- Successful Sales Letters;
- Specimen Sales Letters;
- Making Voluntary Offers.
- Generating Press Releases;
- Creating Newsletters;
- Writing Meeting Notification;
- Preparing Meeting Agenda;
- Preparing Minutes of Meetings;
Part 16 - Salient Issues in Human Resource Administration
- Letters of Application;
- Favourable References;
- Unfavourable References;
- Interview Letters;
- Offers of Appointment;
- Termination of Employment;
- Sundry Personnel Matters.