Organisational Design, Performance Management and Modern Quality Systems
By: HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute
Jul 18 - 09 Sep, 2016
2 month, 23 days
By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, delegates will be able to:
- Suggest the approaches which might be adopted in designing an organisation
- Design an organisation adhering to the principles of horizontal and vertical relationship
- Distinguish between the basic types of structure
- Appropriately define organisational structure
- Distinguish between organismic and mechanistic structures
- Explain the approaches to organisational design
- Match the organisational design approach with the level of development of the organisation.
- Identify horizontal relationships in organisational design
- Show the vertical relationships in an organisational chart.
- Indicate the importance of vertical and horizontal relationships in organisational design
- Illustrate lines of authority in an organisational chart
- Illustrate communication channels in an organisational chart
- Discuss the co-ordinating mechanism in a simple structure.
- Name the fundamental organisational structures and their variations.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the fundamental issues associated with organisational design and their implications for effective organisational functioning
- Identify an organisational structure from verbal description
- Distinguish between different organisational structures
- Provide examples of different bases of divisional structure
- Distinguish between the different types of matrix structures
- Illustrate their ability to design an appropriate organisational structure that takes account of contingent internal and external environmental factors
- Recommend the most appropriate structure for an organisation, taking contingent factors into account
- Be aware of the relationship between organisational structure and leader and organisational flexibility
- Translate the positive and negative factors of particular types of structure to the design of an organisation which will enhance the effectiveness of an enterprise
- Demonstrate their ability to encourage the type of superior-subordinate relationship which will be conducive to organisational success
- Provide the bases for structural contingencies
- Illustrate the effect of organisational structure on communication within an organisation.
Venue: London, United Kingdom