Accelerated development of any nation requires the efficient mobilization and effective use of human resources, in terms of contributions of both male and female. Gender Issues and Sustainable Development examine the human elements in the process of growth and development.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to address the challenges of sustainable development arising from gender imbalance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Analyse the concepts and elements of sustainable development
- Identify gender imbalances and their implications
- Appraise the institutional framework for women development and empowerment
- Examine the impact of economic reforms on the vulnerable groups of which women form the highest percentage
- Determine appropriate strategies and policy intervention for gender balance in the development process.
- Concept and framework for sustainable human development
- Overview of gender imbalance in development
- Conceptual and methodological framework for women development and empowerment
- Gender, population and socio-economic development
- Gender dimensions of macroeconomic policies
- Issues in women advancement
- Strategies towards meaningful gender balance in economic development
- Gender analysis and auditing and development
- Ethical issues in gender mainstreaming
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Senior managers (both male and female) in key ministries in the federal, state and local governments, pressure groups, NGOs, and private sector. Also expected to attend are labour leaders and senior personnel officers of various organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Mrs. S. G. Edem