There can be no successful entrepreneur without requisite leadership qualities. Since these qualities are lacking in some entrepreneurs, concerted effort must be made to identify such potentials as well as develop them for the benefit of the person in particular and the society in general.
This training workshop is designed to develop the requisite leadership skills and competencies needed to run and sustain a business venture.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concepts of entrepreneurship
- Identify the requirements for developing new enterprises
- Apply leadership skills in business management
- Manage challenges of the business environment through application of successful leadership skills
- Situate enterprise and entrepreneurship activity within its wider economic, socio and political contexts.
- The concept of entrepreneurship
- Business models and business plan
- Qualities of successful entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation
- Decision making in a dynamic business environment
- Business opportunity guidance
- Sources of funding small businesses
- Business risk management
- Challenges of human resource management in business
- Field visits and selection of venture ideas
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers that are about to retire and senior and middle-level officers who have interest in entrepreneurship development.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Gideon Adama