Every project consumes resources. These resources are scarce and, for all intent and purposes, must be efficiently managed to ensure that the cost on every project is justified and yields expected results. The appraisal report is one instrument through which important decisions are taken concerning the use of such resources and the final result.
This training workshop is designed to equip the participants with core competencies required for effective project appraisal, report writing and usage.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Examine basic concepts in project appraisals
- Discuss the purpose of the appraisal reports
- Explain data gathering methods in appraisal preparation
- Write a project appraisal report
- Use the appraisal report for decision-making.
- Basic concepts of project appraisal
- General approaches to project appraisal and report writing
- Effective communication process
- Budget implementation in conducting appraisals
- Project appraisal report writing
- Structure and types of project reports
- Planning project appraisal report writing
- Data gathering method for appraisal reports
- Techniques of project appraisal report writing
- Effective use of project appraisal reports
- Using log-frame for project appraisal
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these leaning methods.
NGOs, trainers, project analysts, loan and advances officers, investment analysts and industrial extension officers from federal and state ministries of agriculture, commerce and industries.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Wale Olanrewaju