Many projects fail due to poor project identification, planning, appraisal, design and implementation.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with necessary skills and competencies required in project and investment planning that are likely to affect the success or otherwise of projects.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key issues in project and investment planning
- Analyse the socio-political and economic environment that can impact projects
- Examine vital elements of project feasibility studies, i.e., market, technical, management and financial analysis
- Apply relevant financial ratios in evaluating projects.
- Overview of project and investment planning
- Project cycle
- Business opportunity guidance and venture idea generation
- Project and investment planning, tools and techniques
- Marketing analysis
- Technical analysis
- Management analysis
- Financial analysis
- Preparation and presentation of investment plan
- Computer packages in project and investment planning and analysis.
Methodology: Lectures, discussions and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Entrepreneurs, project analysts, loan and advances officers, agricultural lending officers, investment analysts and industrial extension officers from federal and state ministries of agriculture, commerce, industries, and co-operatives.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Gideon Adama