The youth are considered as the most vibrant section of the population of a nation. The contribution of the youth to the socio-economic development of a nation cannot be underrated. It is no surprise then that any nation that fails to empower its youth is endangering its future as the future of any nation belongs to the youth. Therefore deliberate effort must be made to ensure that the youth are adequately empowered for optimal development of their potentials in all spheres of life.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and core competencies in entrepreneurship required to transform their lives into a meaningful, useful, and productive one.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the concept of empowerment in entrepreneurship
- Discuss visioning and goal setting
- Critically assesses their capabilities
- Identify challenges of successful entrepreneurship in Nigeria
- Select and develop venture ideas
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Set up projects
- Apply entrepreneurship skills to manage their businesses
- Reduce poverty and crime.
- Youth empowerment in entrepreneurship: an overview
- Vision, visioning understanding self and goal setting
- Youth reorientation process for self-reliance
- Achievement motivation and business opportunity guidance
- Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Planning and managing your business
- Ingredients to successful start-up of a business
- Business plan preparation and presentation
Methodology: Lectures, discussions and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers in charge of social development, youth empowerment programmes, as well as community development at federal, state and local government levels. Others are non-govern-mental organizations whose thematic focus is on youth empowerment.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Miss S. O. Musa