The sub-optimal level of productivity in organizations is traceable to inadequate attention required to stimulate value-creation activities that are consistent with potentials of organizations and sectors.
Value chain management is an integrated framework that consists of a set of activities performed to design, produce, market and deliver products and services to the final consumer.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and competencies in value chain management and productivity.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts of value chain and productivity management
- Discuss processes and approaches to value chain management
- Identity the role of value chain and productivity management in the socio-economic development of a nation
- Discuss the importance of innovation and creativity in value chain management
- Negotiate and collaborate in value chain management
- Explain procurement management.
- Value chain and productivity management: an overview
- Processes and approaches to value chain management
- Demand and supply chain in value management
- Innovation and creativity in value chain management
- Logistic management
- Role of data management in value chain management
- Collaboration and negotiation in value chain management
- Managing values in value chain
- Organizational change
- Value-based management
- Quality management in value chain
- Case studies.
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Senior managers and other cadre of staff saddled with the responsibility of adding value to organizational processes and procedures in both private and public sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Wale Olanrewaju