The grassroots is basically in the community that houses the resources of the nation, both human and material. The implication is that there can be no real development in isolation of the community because it is only when every community is developed that the nation is developed.
But the current effort on community services development and mobilization of resources for growth and development is highly deficient. The consequences are poor management of community-based projects.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with the relevant skills and knowledge required for effective community service development and mobilization.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the nature of community development and mobilization
- Explain stages and processes of community development
- Discuss community mobilization techniques
- Develop monitoring and evaluation skills in community-based projects
- Develop leadership skills in community development and mobilization.
- Community development process: an overview
- The roles of community-based projects in community development
- Leadership roles and functions in community development and mobilization
- Fund raising and management of CBOs
- Awareness campaign programmes and mobilization
- Micro-credit management
- Community project management and sustainability
- Conflict management and resolution
- Monitoring and evaluation of community-based project
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Community development officers in federal and state ministries, development agencies and political parties, officers in charge of community development and special projects, as well as managers in other institutions who have community development as one of their objectives.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Wale Olanrewaju