Management of financial assets has a significant place for both public and private organizations. Treasury managers have the unique responsibility of sourcing, safe keeping and investing funds.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and knowledge in treasury management functions and expose them to new tools and techniques that would give them insight into treasury management functions
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Determine their organization’s treasury functions
- Identify the main problems associated with treasury management and proffer appropriate solutions
- Apply appropriate treasury management techniques
- Outline the roles of the internal audit in treasury management.
- An overview of treasury management
- Features of treasury management system
- The role of treasury managers and officers
- The role of the internal audit in managing the treasury
- Imprest accounting and treasury management
- Cash budgeting and management
- Fraud detection, prevention and control measures in the treasury
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Treasury book keeping and preparation of treasury transcripts
- Bank reconciliation statement preparation
- Payment voucher preparation and control
- Treasury problems and possible solutions
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Accountants, local government treasurers, accounts and treasury managers and officers in public sector organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. A. O. Amira