The resources of an organization need to be well documented and monitored to checkmate misuse and violation of organizational policies and rules. Thus, the role of auditors in any organization is indeed a critical one.
Internal auditors need to equip themselves and update their knowledge, skills and attitude to cope with the complexities of modern public and private sector organizations. The modern day auditor needs a new orientation. Auditors are expected, not to only ensure conformity with organizational policies and rules, but also to see themselves as part of the management team committed to achieving organizational goals.
The training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and knowledge for effective execution of their functions towards the overall organizational goals.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the procedures of internal auditing
- Manage internal audit functions effectively
- Analyse the concept of acceptable evidence in auditing
- Develop the skills and attitude to relate with management and other departments.
- Auditing process and procedures
- Responsibilities and functions of internal auditors
- Internal audit control system
- The relationship between internal and external auditors
- Verification of assets and liabilities
- Audit inspection and investigation techniques
- Fraud detection, prevention and control measures
- Financial controls in the public sector
- Public accounts committee (PAC)
- Internal audit relationship with other departments
- Store and stock auditing
- Challenges in auditing
- Internal audit report writing and communication
- Computer application to audit functions
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Heads of internal audit and accounts department, division and unit, and internal audit officers and accountants in both public and private sector organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator