Financial assets are some of the most important resources of every organization and have to be effectively harnessed for the attainment of organizational goals. Finance managers have the responsibility to undertake financial analysis, advice on financial plans and guide management on investments, projects execution, funding, cash operations, expenditure control and other organizational activities.
This training workshop holding in Oyo State is designed to provide finance managers with appropriate skills and competences to perform their roles creditably, and more effectively.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Prepare, analyse and interpret financial statements
- Develop financial plans for their organizations
- Advise top managers on management of funds
- Manage financial resources effectively and exercise necessary control measures
- Minimize the level of risks associated with investment decisions.
- Financial management: an overview
- Planning and management of funds
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Financial management: policy formulation and implementation
- Cost analysis and expenditure control measures
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Cost benefit analysis
- Project financing and sources of fund
- Financial transparency and accountability
- Financial statements analysis and interpretation
- Cash-flow statement preparation and re-porting
- Computer application in financial management
Methodology: Lectures, case-studies, discussions and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Finance and accounts managers and officers, consultants, analysts and those responsible for financial and managerial accounting duties in public and private organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: M. A. Onodje