Effective and efficient utilization of an organization’s financial resources is very imperative in order to achieve the desired goals. The leadership and management of any organization must be equipped with the right knowledge, skills and attitude to translate its financial policies into actions, and carry out effective planning, commitment and utilization of available resources.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with the in-depth knowledge, skills and techniques for effective management and administration of their organizations’ financial resources. It will also equip them with the skills for the development of financial strategies to meet the challenges of transforming their organization’s performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Set financial objectives for an organization
- Prepare and implement a realistic budget for an organization
- Identify viable sources of funds for their organizations and develop sustainable strategies
- Apply due process in procurements and contract management
- Analyse methods of managing organizations financial resources effectively and efficiently
- Appraise their organizations’ financial performance
- State their achievements to various stakeholders.
- Effective management of resources: an overview
- Leadership and effective service delivery
- Budgeting and budget management
- Budgeting and financial control measures
- Strategies for improving revenue generation
- Procurement and contract management
- Project financing and investment
- Financial transparency and accountability
- Fraud control techniques
- Cost control
- Financial challenges and strategies
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, role-play, case studies, group exercises and demonstrations. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Heads of finance department and finance managers and officers
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. S. O. Adetimehin