The application of financial accounting skills is necessary in every business transaction. While it is compulsory for accountants to acquire and apply finance and accounting skills, non-accountants need to understand the basic principles of finance and accounting to facilitate their operations and decisions for sustained results.
This training workshop holding in Oyo Sate is designed to help participants who have no formal background in finance and accounting to develop an understanding of the essential features of these functions and apply them in their work situations.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply finance and accounting procedures in their work situations
- Prepare and implement financial budgets
- Prepare basic financial records
- Identify costs and cost centres and their relationship to overheads
- Analyse and interpret basic financial statements
- Apply the computer to finance and accounting information processing.
- Finance and accounting: an overview
- Principles of book keeping
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statement
- Operation of imprest account
- Cost control and cost reduction techniques
- Cost/benefit and break-even analysis
- Public/private sector accounting compared
- Responsibility and stewardship accounting
- Managerial accounting for decision making
- Preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Computer application to finance and accounting
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers; heads of department, division and unit; supervisors and other officers in public and private organizations in disciplines other than finance and accounting.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator