For accounting to provide the desired value and complement organizational operations and success, it must incorporate financial systems that are suited to organizational and environ-ment. Accountants and financial managers need appropriate skills and competence to develop, organize and improve their performance, where necessary, in the financial systems of their organizations.
This training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to provide participants with an in-depth knowledge of new accounting and auditing skills and procedures.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Design and operate a simple finance and accounting system
- Prepare financial records and statements
- Analyse and interpret financial statements
- Develop the capability to identify, investigate and analyse accounting problems
- Develop skills to provide finance and accounting information and relate with other departments.
- Finance and accounting functions: an overview
- Finance and accounting concepts and principles
- Finance and accounting tools techniques
- Users of finance and accounting information
- Book keeping and maintenance
- Preparation of financial statements
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Roles and functions of internal audit
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Cost control techniques
- Cost benefit analysis
- Computer application in finance and accounting
Methodology: The training programme will be delivered using lectures, discussions, syndicate group work and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Accounting and audit officers, assistants and supervisors in public and private organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Omar L. Omar