This 3 day training course will focus on the latest practices in presentation skills especially in business and academic environments. Much has changed in recent years and the ever increasing range of presentation tools and their respective feature set has allowed many presenters to fall to the trap of feature overuse. To address these issues, the course covers a set of best design practices so delegate know what to avoid during the preparation and delivery of their presentations. It is established that the best way to learn is by example. Many visual examples of good and bad content are provided which help the delegates to quickly understand what works and what doesn’t.
The course contains a pre course assignment where delegates need to prepare a presentation. During the course, they will learn how to improve their presentation and at end, they will deliver this presentation once more to be evaluated based on a set of performance criteria
- In this highly practical course delegates will learn how to:
- Identify the fundamental parameters of a good presentation
- Engage your audience and get their fullest attention
- Prepare your story, understand what you want to should and record it
- Design high impact slides that deliver your massage efficiently
- Deliver your presentation with confidence and leave a positive and memorable experience for the audience
- Control your environment to have the highest impact
Course Agenda Highlights
- What are the implications of the size of the audience?
- How to approach the design of a presentation and learn which areas you need to focus on most?
- What types of presentations exist and what are the differences between them?
- How different types of audiences dictate different kinds of presentation?
What techniques can you use to engage the audience such as laughter, storytelling etc.?