This course has been developed to meet the needs of senior supervisors who handle more complex roles and responsibilities at work. Such people are expected to manage and coordinate the jobs of other supervisors, and are usually leaders of large teams or co-ordinate jobs across functions.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the supervisor in a diverse work environment
- Align jobs to corporate objectives
- Co-ordinate work across functions
- Establish credibility with employees, peers and management
- Understand the techniques of managing and dealing with work place conflicts.
- Manage productivity of employee through practical motivation techniques
- Use creative thinking in problem solving and decision making
- Being a supervisor in an age of diversity
- The basic business model and the role of the supervisor
- Diversity and inclusiveness principles
- The supervisor as a team leader
- The supervisor as a motivator
- The supervisor as a coach
- Assertive communication
- Delegating and allocating work
- Setting goals and targets
- Coordinating work across units and teams
- Managing employee performance and discipline
- Making decisions and creating solutions
- Conflict management technique
Who Should Attend
Senior supervisors, experienced supervisors and team leaders.