This three day training programme provides you with the knowledge you need to review, benchmark and refine operational risk plans within your organization.
The course focuses on both qualitative and quantitative techniques, offering integrated solution for operational risk and suggesting approaches to the problems that an institution will face in meeting these demanding requirements.
Course Agenda Highlights
- Objectives of the Basel accord
- Outsourcing and operation risk
- Risk appetite
- The risk register
- Internal loss data
- Business continuity planning
- External loss data and scenario assessment
- Business process modeling
- Control and risk self-assessment
- The risk of senior management and the structure of the department
- Key risk indicators
- Stress testing
- Other key issues
- The it solution available
- Building it all together
- How to meet the expectations of the Basel accord
- The role of risk appetite in driving operational risk management
- Establishing and using an internal loss database
- Use of external loss data
- Development and use of both stress testing and scenario analysis
- Development and use of key risk indicators
- Consideration and use of control and risk self-assessment
- How should outsourcing be integrated into this project?
- Review of available market solutions
- How will the charge be calculated
Who should attend?
- Heads of risk
- Risk management
- Board directors
- Head of audit
- Audit managers
- Heads of compliance
- Business heads
- Risk management professionals
- Any professional who needs to know how operational risk affect their organization
Whilst no previous details knowledge of the either the Basel accord or operational risk is required to achieve benefit from this course, some knowledge would be an advantage and those involved directly in the process will benefit most from the programme. You are not expected to have an advanced modeling or quantitative background.