This training course is designed to provide internal auditors with the key skills they require prior to commencing internal auditing assignments within financial service institutions.
Looking at the various different components of the banking industry, the course considers the internal audit approaches that would be appropriate and assists delegates to design suitable internal programmes for such assignments.
Course delegate will obtain a general appreciation of the banking industry and the internal audit approaches that are suitable. Specifically they will consider the auditing approaches within:
- Retail banking
- Corporate banking
- Private banking
- Trade finance
- Financial instruments
Course Agenda Highlights
- Session 1: how to audit a bank
- Session 2: deposits and deposit taking
- Session 3: funds transmission and clearing services
- Session 4: personal lending
- Session 5: corporate lending
- Session 6: branch bank
- Session7: security and provisioning
- Session 8: investment banking
- Session 9: trade finance and finance of trade
- Session 10 : foreign exchange
- Session 11: forward contracts
- Session 12 : dealing and the dealing room
- Session 13: futures and the futures market
- Session 14: options and the options market
- Session 15: swaps and the swaps market
- Session 16: private banking
Who Should Attend?
Internal audit staff, external audit staff
Some knowledge of basic audit techniques and also of the financial markets would be an advantage.