Human Resource management is a strategic support function to every organisation. This begins at recruitment and continues through employee integration, development, engagement and performance, and without leaving out the critical place of records management and administrative excellence.
In today’s business where administrative flexibility is required to facilitate unimpeded process flow, the role of HR then is to empower the line manager to become a partner in the HR value chain. HR management thus originates from the HR professionals and flows through the line managers in the corporate chain for overall business support.
Line managers have different levels of participation in HR process/activities, and it is important that they comprehend HR fundamentals and operate within established best practices for results optimization.
This two day training course will enable participants to develop their knowledge in contemporary issues and identify future trends in human resource management.
At the completion of this course, the non HR manager will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the various stages of the HR life cycle
- Understand how each of the above stages contributes to the business success
- Appreciate the extent of his role in this HR value chain and be able to deploy them effectively
- Play a complementary role in the employment process through application of job best fit
- Understand employee engagement, its importance, and managing the psychological contract.
- Monitor, manage and review employee performance effectively to maximize business results
- Enhance their ability to resolve/manage conflicts within the ambit of the law and company policies
Key Discussion Points
- Role of HR, key stages of recruitment, guidelines for successful interviews
- Contracts of employment: employers/employees’ obligations and limitations
- Recruitment and selection: avoiding recruitment errors
- Setting expectations and establishing employee performance standards
- Performance appraisals systems, and the performance life cycle
- Managing talents/average/underperformers
- Incorporating company vision, mission and strategy into the management style
- Legal issues in HR
- Employee relations, company policies and procedures