Innovations in technology is creating disruptions and continue to fuel new customer/stakeholder expectations that places strong demand on organizations to rethink their business models, product design and delivery, work processes and even how work is defined and structured. The resulting global competition in service delivery/business performance, rising community expectations, financial constraints, shrinking markets and government legislation is driving organizations to reinvent themselves in pursuit of optimal efficiency and profitability.
Organizations need to evolve continually to remain relevant and thrive, and HR is increasingly being expected to take the lead in organisational change activities, explaining the renewed call for HR to possess effective organizational development competences to design and manage development and change initiatives aimed at improving process efficiency, increasing productivity and positive outcomes.
Participants on this course will have the opportunity to acquire requisite OD skills needed to actively participate, coordinate or drive OD initiatives in their organizations.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to handle change in their organization
- Apply od approaches, tools and intervention in their respective organizations
- Put in place processes that will help improve the operation of the organization on a continuous basis
- Conduct an organizational diagnosis to pin-point specific issues to be addressed
- Actively participate, coordinate or drive od initiatives in organizations
- Learn the essentials of leading organizational transformation and strategic change
Key Discussion Points:
- Overview of the scope of OD - the changing world of work
- Leadership and management development
- Making a case for OD in business survival strategy
- Conducting organizational diagnosis
- Organizational development strategy and key challenges
- Tools and techniques for implementing od strategies
- OD evaluation and metrics
- The role of ethics in OD
- Transformation and strategic change management: role of HR in OD
- OD interventions