Construction industry has earned reputation of being highly hazardous industry because of high incident of accidents and fatality rate. The industry covers a wide range of activities from large scale civil engineering projects to very small house extension. It is therefore important that everyone participating in construction project possess as well as appreciate the concept and significance of health and safety management associated with construction industry.
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand important contribution that an effective safety management can make in construction project
- Appreciate hazards and controls as well as effective approach to managing construction activities safely
- Identify factors influencing safety related behaviours
- Understand how detailed workplace assessment of health and safety risk in the construction activities, control and monitoring system can produce effective safety culture
- Acquire technical skills for proactive accident prevention for workplace lecture method
- Power points presentations
- Case studies
- Small group activities
- Lecture note
Who Should Attend?
Project managers, general managers, head of operations, team leaders, safety manager/officer, risk managers/ officers, emergency management agency, security operative, engineers, human resource manager/officer, personnel managers, union leaders, medical and health personnel, construction managers, contractors, facility managers, technicians, administrative heads, civil, architectural, mechanical engineers, all personnel relevant in construction projects, etc.