Learn how Air Navigation Service Providers are preparing for a green future.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Be conversant about the issues, the rules, the players and the tools available for ANS Providers to better manage ATM to reduce its impact on the environment
- Use new tools and strategies to better manage air traffic to reduce its effect on the environment
- Analysis of the problem of climate change, the effect of greenhouse gas emissions, and the linkage between human activity and changes in the world’s climate. The net contribution of aviation to all CO2 emissions. Other emissions or effects from aircraft activity.
- Noise and the aviation industry. The role of the ICAO and the International Aerospace Industries Association (ICCAIA). What airports, aircraft and engine manufacturers are doing and the targets to which they are working.
- A review of the solutions for reducing noise, carbon emissions and pollution already implemented by the aviation industry. Infrastructure improvements by ANS Providers: Continuous Descent Arrivals (CDAs)', Green - or Required Navigation Performance (RNP) Approaches; Green Projects (Air services Australia example), prediction and management of aircraft delays; use of Flex tracks.
- Government policy and legislation: emissions trading; taxation and other economic measures; European Union’s Emissions Trading Schedule (ETS), EU’s “Clean Sky” Joint Initiative, NASA’s National Plan for Aeronautics Research and Development, SESAR (Single European Sky Air Traffic Management Research) project; and the US FAA’s Next Gen programme.
- Technology innovation. How aircraft have become 70% more fuel efficient over the past 40 years. The work of IATA’s ‘green teams’.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for:
- ANS providers
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Airline managers and operational staff
- Airport managers
An IATA Certificate of Attendance is awarded to participants who successfully complete this course.
|Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
||Dec 07 - 09 Dec, 2016
|USD 1,400.00||(Developing Nations)|
Early bird discount register before Sep 07, 2016 to save 20% off your category