Strengthen your instructional skills to conduct effective training for CNS, AIS and MET training officers through exercises, demonstrations and practical activities.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of adult learning theory
- Prepare lesson plans, conduct lessons, assess and evaluate training
- Reinforce your instructional techniques
- Apply best practices to training in your field of CNS, AIS or MET
- Learning self-assessment
- The adult learner
- Competency-based training in aviation: CNS, AIS, and MET
- Anatomy of a lesson plan: Writing lesson plans
- Instructor skills: reinforced by various demonstrations and practical activities
- Assessment and evaluation
- Instructional strategies: CNS, AIS, and MET
- Use of instructional aids: application exercise
- Following the lesson plan and instructional aids game
- On the job training: CNS, AIS, and MET
- Managing learning
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Training officers in the Communication/ Navigation/ Surveillance (CNS), Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) and Meteorology domains
- Air Traffic Controllers
- AIS officers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.