The audit requirements, procedures, and skills you need to know to get started as an internal auditor.
This training course prepares you to conduct consistent audits and drive continuous improvement within your organization. Learn about the audit process through a breakdown of its stages: the audit scope, objectives, follow-up and closing; and practice using techniques that deliver objective, measurable results.
International audit requirements are covered in detail followed by a hands-on practical component.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop an audit program
- Apply the principles of auditing
- Plan an internal audit and involve the right people in your organization
- Describe the regulatory requirements for an internal audit and conduct an audit that fulfils these requirements
- Evaluate the implementation of a corrective action plan and conduct a follow up
- Close an audit following corporate policies
- Establishing and implementing an audit program
- Monitoring and improving an audit program
Audit planning steps
- Defining scope and objectives
- Developing checklists
- Selecting an audit team
- Performing a document review
- Audit methods and techniques
- Audit conduct
- Gathering evidence and analyzing finding
Reporting results and conducting a follow-up
Regulatory agencies: laws, regulations and audit requirements
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- ISO 19011:2011
- Role plays and audit practice scenarios
- Final examination
Who Should Attend?
This course is open to staff from all aviation sectors, namely:
- Quality, safety and operations managers
- Recently appointed internal auditors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.