Document control helps you ensure compliance with industry regulations and reinforce quality management within your organization. This hands-on course gives you a test environment to build your own document control procedures, including: process mapping, referencing and amendments. You will also learn how to maintain a document infrastructure and distribute control documents so that they are current and accessible to all stations.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will know how to:
- Build a document control system that satisfies your quality management requirements
- Follow a document throughout its life cycle, from creation to retirement
- Establish guidelines for consistent document appearance, notation and circulation
- Create standards to maintain the integrity of your document control system and make your documentation available for auditors
- Quality manual
- Policy and procedures
- Work instructions
Document consistency and referencing
- Communication style
- Numbering systems
- Controlled document list
- Circulation list
Document retention and amendment
- EU-OPS, ICAO, ISO requirements and resources
- Process and document ownership
- Periodic review
- Defining a corporate standard
- Document security and control
- What documentation means to auditors
IOSA documentation requirements
- Operational Management and Control Systems
- IOSA Audit Standards
- IOSA Documentation Review Requirements
- This course uses a series of practical exercises to help you build your own document control procedures.
- A final examination is given at the end of the course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for Airline and Ground Service Provider managers working in:
- Flight and ground operations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.