Over the next decade airports need to expand and diversify their business in order to keep up with the increasing demand for air travel, and financing this development can be challenging.
Improve your understanding of the air transportation system, and analyze current financial industry trends and how they impact your airport. Examine the importance of implementing strong management control systems and learn how to successfully forecast your business. Evaluate the benefits of efficient customer service and how it relates to a successful pricing strategy.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Assess financial performance and forecast demand
- Manage shareholder relations
- Evaluate privatization and re-structuring options
- Understand and accommodate the needs of customers
- Analyze the industry's financial trends and their impact on strategy and operations
Current events in aviation
- Air policy liberalization
- Low cost airlines
- Airport privatization
Managing airport privatization
- Risk elements
- Developing a business plan
Analyzing airport costs
Controlling operational costs
- Analyzing revenue and profitability
- Cost re-balancing process
Managing shareholder relations
- Attracting capital
- Capital funding sources
- Managing shareholder value
Airport pricing strategies
Who should Attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Airport and Airline Managers, Accountants, Treasurers and Controllers
- Financial Managers and Analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.