Construction industry is highly hazardous industry comprising of wide range of activities that expose the construction workers to serious hazards such as falls, struck by heavy equipment /machines, electrocution, etc. leading to high rate of incident of accidents, injuries, fatality, etc. that could result to lost time injury, permanent disability, medical cost, compensation claims, legal sanctions, etc.
This training course is designed for workers charged with supervisory responsibilities in construction industry.
At the end of the training participants will be able to demonstrate understanding of identification, reduction or elimination of construction related hazards as well as acquire safety leadership skills critical in supervisory activities and people management in construction.
This course will cover:
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Critical supervisory safety activities in construction
- Common construction hazards, sources and control measures
- Safe movement of people and vehicles hazards and Control
- Job hazard analysis
- Fire risk assessment (Prevention, Protection and Control)
- Hazard communication
- Managing risk of falls in construction
- Mobile equipment, powered industrial trucks and manual hand tools safety
- Electrical safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Lockout/ Tag out procedure
- Incident investigation and reporting
- Musculoskeletal injury prevention (Ergonomics)
Who Should Attend?
Construction Supervisors, Quality control officer, Building Contractors and Sub- Contractors, Site Supervisors, Safety Officers, Co-ordinators, Team leaders, operators, technicians and all personnel key responsibilities in construction projects, etc.