The key to effective planning is a combination of strong processes, strategic long-term analysis, and attention to daily realities. Develop your strategic business planning skills and prepare a road map for operating your airport business and measuring its progress.
This course will help you understand the principles of demand forecasting and the forecasting process, incorporating new standards from the Airport Design Reference Manual (ADRM version 10, 2014). Study ways to design and implement reliable ground access, airside facilities, passenger processes, as well as security and baggage systems.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop a master plan that integrates the strategic objectives of your business
- Apply reliable forecasting to your business
- Understand both terminal and airside capacity management
- Provide reliable passenger processes and services at your airport
- Airport strategic planning
- Forecasting demand
- Planning ground access
- Terminal capacity management
- Airside capacity, planning and management
- Capacity management using computer simulation
- Passenger terminal design and capacity management
- Concession planning
- Airport operations support and security systems
- Facilitation and security
- Passenger baggage systems
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for airport managers in:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.