This training course gives you fuel for your marketing campaigns and ideas for attracting new cargo business to your airport. You will get insight into the factors that drive the air cargo business, and learn new practices for leveraging them. Through realistic exercises, you will learn where to look for new market opportunities, how to find out about industry trends, and who to target within the airlines.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will know:
- How to identify cargo market opportunities and the benefits they can bring your airport
- The regulatory framework that shapes the air cargo industry
- How to identify airline development decision makers that will help you enhance your network
- How to plan competitive strategies that attract new airline customers
- Build your market strategy around your airport’s strengths
- Introduction to air cargo
- Industry players and their roles
- Economic importance of the air cargo
- Products demanding special handling and speed
- Differences between passenger and air cargo opportunities
- Emerging trends in air cargo
- Industry policies and the consequences for air cargo
- Long-term prospects for air cargo development
- Competitive forces that shape air cargo industry
- Airport commercial plan
- Airlines network development decision making
- Air cargo and airport long-term strategic planning
- Strategies to attract air cargo business
- Marketing your services and solutions
- Case study: effects of a successful sustained air cargo development program
Group project and presentation
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for airport managers with cargo business development or planning responsibilities.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.