Explore the principles of terminal design, manage capacity, and support your terminal operations through infrastructure design.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Participate actively in planning and optimization projects by addressing terminal design issues
- Improve how you integrate user and technical infrastructure requirements into your terminal
- Identify terminal capacity and Level of Service (LOS)
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure improvements that can increase passenger convenience and revenue
- Airport terminal conceptual design
- Terminal capacity, demand analysis and LOS
- Computer simulation of terminal flows
- Terminal operations support systems
- Baggage handling systems
- Terminal security planning and facilitation
- Airport access and landside facilities
- Automated People Mover (APM) and Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB)
- Low cost terminal design concept
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Facility planners
- Terminal operators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.